Induction technology cooks faster and is one of the safest, most efficient methods of cooking. The Precision Induction Cooktop will replace your gas or electric range because it will save you money with its energy efficiency. This versatile countertop appliance is efficient and easy to clean. You can program cooking times and temperatures from "Warming" to "Searing" allowing you to cook almost any food to perfection in a fraction of the time. One of the most important safety features of the PIC is that it will not burn you!
An induction cooktop contains a series of copper coils called induction coils. These coils generate a safe magnetic field that penetrates into iron-based pots and pans. The molecules in the pan begin vibrating rapidly, crashing into each other - creating heat. This heat spreads evenly throughout the pan. The cookware itself heats the food, and not the cooktop surface. For example, you can put a pot of water on one half of the cooktop and the ice cube on the other half and it will only boil the water while the ice cube stays cool.
Plus the Precision Induction Cooktop plugs into any electrical outlet and can be moved to wherever you need it. Take it to dormitories, campgrounds, boats, and even RVs! You won’t have to hook up a flammable natural gas line or a wasteful, inefficient electric cooktop.
- More Energy Efficient: save money on gas and electricity!
- Faster Cooking: heating is immediate.
- Safest Cooking Method: no flame and no red-hot coil.
- Lightweight & Portable: plugs into any electrical outlet.
- Easy to clean: spills won’t burn and stick to the cooktop surface.
- Control panel with LCD display- features 6 different temperature settings and the temperature is adjustable in 10 degree increments.
Built-In Safety Functions:
- Built-in sensors sense when no cookware is present and the PIC will turn off automatically.
- The Precision Induction Cooktop emits no open flame and remains cool to the touch where the cooktop surface is not activated.
- Ability to adjust temperature in 10 degree increments for more precise cooking.
- Temperature settings from "Low" to "Max/Sear" for quick and easy start.
- Use on low settings to act as a buffet warmer for parties.
- Delay function enables cooktop to start cooking at a later time.
- Great for making sauces or even melting chocolate and butter without a double boiler.
We have taken a great amount of time to make sure cooking with the Precision Induction Cooktop is the safest cooking method available on the market. Because it uses the power of induction, it cannot burn you! The surface of the Precision Induction Cooktop only reacts with magnetic pans, allowing the cooktop to remain cool where not activated. For example, you can put a pot of water on one half of the cooktop and an ice cube directly onto the other half - the water in the pot will boil while the ice cube stays cool. There are no open flames, making it much safer than gas.
- Related link - U.S. Fire Admin./NFDC report on Kitchen Fires (External link - PDF)
- Related link - Precision Cooktop Owner's Manual (PDF)
- Model #: 30121
- 120 Volt, 60 Hz, 1300 Watts
- Weight: 5.4 lbs
- Diameter of the heating element: 8.5-inches